Old September 7th 03, 02:45 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

Tim Shoppa wrote:
So, while Ramsey clearly doesn't live up to the good old Heathkit
standards in every way, it does come pretty close. The receiver was
clearly designed with kit-building in mind, and it does work nicely.
Maybe I'll try one of Ramsey's QRP rigs next.

Try Ten-Tec kits. (I don't think they get nearly enough press)

I built their 20m QRP kit a few years back. Nice unit. And very
reminiscent of Heathkit - in some ways even *better*. You build a chunk
of the circuit, then test it - so if you make a mistake, you don't have
to pull out layers of parts to fix it.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66