Old January 22nd 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default improve S/N for AM car radio by a factor of 2...5...10?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:46:36 -0800 (PST), wrote:

IE: I feed it at the middle lowest corner.
If I feed it at a side corner, which would be vertically fed,
I seem to remember it not working near as well.

Hi Mark,

That would seem to indicate you seriously unbalanced the antenna by
the side feed which is geometrically unbalanced. For instance, the
line doesn't lead off horizontally for any great distance, does it?

Of course, this all hinges on what you mean by not "near as well."

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC