Old January 22nd 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default improve S/N for AM car radio by a factor of 2...5...10?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:18:03 -0800, Jim Kelley
wrote:

Are your powers of perception waning by any chance? Your correspondent
deserves more credit than you're allowing him. As far as I've seen in
this thread, you're the only one talking about 'field delamination' or
such things.

Perhaps you powers of perception did not perceive this:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 01:06:28 -0000, "christofire" wrote:

With a pair of screened loops and a whip it is possible to receive
separately the magnetic and electric fields associated with a radio signal

Returning to your complaint:
That you apparently don't completely
understand what he is saying is no fault of his.

As christofire's quote above is his and not mine, and neither you nor
he has explained it, my comprehension is not tested beyond what his
unconventional statement has offered. If he cannot explain it, then
the fault is not with me. Challenging blank assertions is not unusual
here.

Perhaps you mis-perceived:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 01:06:28 -0000, "christofire" wrote:

The way I look at it, there is no such thing as a "magnetic" antenna.

because, in fact due to christofire's poor quotation practice, this
statement is Mark's and one that I fully concur with and stated so.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC