Old January 23rd 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default improve S/N for AM car radio by a factor of 2...5...10?

On Jan 21, 8:59*pm, Richard Clark wrote:

Hi Mark,

That would seem to indicate you seriously unbalanced the antenna by
the side feed which is geometrically unbalanced. *For instance, the
line doesn't lead off horizontally for any great distance, does it?

Of course, this all hinges on what you mean by not "near as well."

Not sure.. I don't the the position of the feed line should
have been a problem, but it's been so long since I tried it,
I forgot what happened. I just seem to remember trying it
one time, and stuck with the bottom feed.
I'll have to try it again later. I could use my circular 16 inch
dia loop. It's small enough I can easily hold it and shift the
polarization just by rotating it.