Old January 23rd 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default improve S/N for AM car radio by a factor of 2...5...10?

wrote:
Well, that's my whole point. If the station you are listening to
is 150 miles away, I don't see how the local fields will really
come into play.

One is not receiving the local fields. One is receiving
the radiated EM field consisting of photons traveling at
the speed of light. One has a choice of extracting energy
from the E-field thus creating a voltage which results in
a current or extracting energy from the H-field thus creating
a current which results in a voltage. Given the same load,
the effects of either type of extraction are the same.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com