Old January 24th 09, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dave Goncalves Dave Goncalves is offline

Default WTD: Collins KWM-2 or -2A

Stuff Barry Said...

My brief message didn't seem to hamper people from responding to my
post.

If I post the most I'm willing to spend, how do I bargain that down
later?
The radio is light enough to ship and not extremely fragile and most
posters are located in the United States, so location is not very
important. I'd be wasting my time if I my email didn't work - if I had
problems, I'd have said something.

I think I picked up WTD from somewhere else and dropped it here. I
will be careful next time.

He used the word "functional," also, and there is a range of functionality
possible in such gear. Doe the author intend to use it on the air? Or, if
you turn on the power switch, tubes light up and rig puts out half power
and "dirty audio" or what.

Jeez, do I have to write a full specification of what I'm looking for?
Not wanting to waste time, I made the simple statement. Good enough
for eliminating 'shoots sparks' and 'the knob doesn't turn' radios.
Anything else, I'd like to talk over with the owner privately.
Somebody who can't figure that it means, I'm not likely to get very
good information from anyway.

I wish the guy luck, but stuff like Collins usually ends up on eBay.

Yes, they are on eBay, but they are always at a premium. It takes
little time to post on Usenet for, for what might turn out to be a
very good deal.

The author might well consider using google and search terms to see if
what he wants might be available someplace else.

Done, done, done. I'm posting all over the internet in appropriate
places, and calling many of my friends, looking for the best deal.

Not sure if this was cross-posted, but in rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,
just four posts down from the original thread, is a post for a KWM-2A for
sale.

Yep, contacted that guy too. His radio is nice.

Barry - N4BUQ

Crazy guy!

David Goncalves
W1EUJ