Old January 24th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default A little more about the Cantenna

On Jan 24, 1:36*pm, "Bill Ogden" wrote:
I purchased a Cantenna from Heathkit in about 1961 or 62. *I remember
finding a gallon of mineral oil in a drug store at a low price. *(It must
have been a really low price to impress me at the time.) *It has been in the
Cantenna ever since, and still works well. *I do not use it much, but I
sometimes run 100w or about 700w (depending on whether the AL-80B is being
used) without problems. SWR indicated in the 1.1 or 1.2 range. *It was a
great investment.

Bill
W2WO

If you run packet on a radio connected to a cantenna, does that make
the cantenna a bit bucket?

Jimmie