Old January 25th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default improve S/N for AM car radio by a factor of 2...5...10?

wrote:
I'd have to make another one to compare
tilting it vertical, vs horizontal.

Again, I'm not talking about any loop in air. I'm only
one example of a ferrite rod loop antenna as exists in
AM radios. Those rods are mounted horizontal within the
radio while the polarization of the transmitted signal
is vertical.

This was in response to the assertion that magnetic
field antennas don't exist. A ferrite rod responds to
the EM magnetic field whether there are any coils of
wire on it or not.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com