Old January 26th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Hal Rosser Hal Rosser is offline

Default Homebrew insulators

Jimmie,
Another 2 cents worth - you could try something like "Bondo" which is
resin-based body filler. - Pick it up at Auto-Zone or other Auto parts
place. But well-coated wooden blocks may work ok as well. I would try to
find a way to use a PVC fitting to save money.
Hal W4PMJ

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I came across an old single LPDA TV antenna in the trask. It was
pretty much FUBAR except for a coupe of feet of boom matrial and a few
insulators. My XYL is into making models and castings and she can make
a mold of the insulators easy enough. I was wondering if anyone knew
of a good casting material that would be compatable with the
requirements to build a single boom LPDA antenna to form the
insulators. She is not usually concerned with strength or UV
resistance so she couldnt help much on this part.

Jimmie