Old January 26th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison Richard Harrison is offline

Default improve S/N for AM car radio by a factor of 2...5...10?

Cecil wrote:
"Richard, what`s the MFJ part number?"
Not sure as I don`t have a catalog but searched on "MFJ ferrite loop
antenna" which yielded several responses including books, web sites, and
a Radio Nederland 'build your own loop" instruction page, several of
these mentioned MFJ 261 if my memory is correct. these responses assured
me there was at least one MFJ ferrite loopstick offered before I posted.
The right old radio would probably yield both variable capacitor and
loopstick for a portable directional BCB antenna.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI