Old January 26th 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc
dave dave is offline

Default HF band scope???

Bruce W.1 wrote:
DX will soon be upon us. This time around I'd like to have a band
scope, without spending thousands of dollars. This so I can see band
activity on a display screen. For this I have not found a solution.

The cheapest solution that I have found is an Icom IC-PCR1500 PC
controlled receiver, for about $500. It would do the job.

My Icom IC-735 HF rig does not have an IF output on the back.

I recall seeing standalone band scopes, but I can't seem to find any now.

Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks for your help.

I'd prefer a modern SDR radio, as opposed to the old analog ICOM, if I
wanted a panoramic display. This also costs $500, and it's a better HF
receiver and has a much better spectrum display.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...rxvr/0106.html