Old January 27th 09, 11:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
VK3XAO VK3XAO is offline

Default VHF FM converter circuit/s?

I'd like to build a simple tube-type FM broadcast tuner. So far it
looks like a 6BA7 is the best bet for oscillator/mixer but I need a
circuit to avoid the pitfalls and/or reinvention of the wheel.

Other possibilities are triode oscillator/mixers using 12AT7, and
triode/pentode using 6BL8 or 6U8, even 6X9. 6HG8, which has very high
transconductance and triode and pentode on a common cathode seems to
have possibities too.

I'd appreciate it if you could share your favorite VHF/FM converter
circuits with me.

Thanks,

John VK3XAO