Old January 27th 09, 06:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Jim Mueller Jim Mueller is offline

Default Phono motors (spring on shaft)

Lynn wrote:

"WW" wrote in message
Any one need these? Warren

I don't need any (now) but was tossed back half a century when
I saw the coiled spring-like bushing on the motor's shafts. I think
when you bought a 50 cycle player you got a little package with
one of those springs to convert the player to 60 cycle.

OR, was it just the other way around?

Old Chief Lynn

Many motors have those normally. It's just a way to get the right size.
Note that the second motor, P1241826-1.jpg, only has the bushing on
the 78RPM step of the shaft. The 45 and 33 1/3 RPM steps are bare.

On 50Hz the motor would run slower so the shaft would have to be larger
to get the same turntable speed. The adapter would be used for 50Hz
operation.

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.