Old January 27th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default VHF FM converter circuit/s?

VK3XAO wrote:
I'd like to build a simple tube-type FM broadcast tuner. So far it
looks like a 6BA7 is the best bet for oscillator/mixer but I need a
circuit to avoid the pitfalls and/or reinvention of the wheel.

Look in the back of the RCA Receiving Tube Handbook. There are some
nice designs in there that are pretty bulletproof.

Your problem is going to be finding good IF transformers, more than
anything else.
--scott