Old January 27th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

Default "CFL"? Dirty electric?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:14:41 UTC, Roland Latour
wrote:

Richard Feynmann was the only person to see the first atomic bomb blast
without using goggles. He did it by sitting in a pickup, looking thru the
windscreen, because he knew ordinary glass doesn't conduct UV. Source:
"Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynmann!", pgs.116-117.

That's also why you can't get a suntan if you're in a car with the
windows rolled up.

My wife gets sunburned from sunlight coming through the side glass on
her arm. I also get the "farmer tan" if I have my arm on the armrest,
with the windows closed and the a/c going, if the sun is streaming in
throught the window. What are you talking about?
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"