Old January 27th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Dirty Electricity [Production} - Think CFL and Energy-Star !

On Jan 26, 5:10*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"Wingdingaling6" wrote in message

On Jan 26, 11:21 am, Drifter wrote:

http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/glo...01.04.topStory...

http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/glo...01.04.segment0...

And you thought it only put crap in your radio. turns out
these un-researched lights can kill you. 16X9 is a 20X20
north of us. you might want to read the story and watch
the videos. and, keep your kids away from them. once again,
Big Gov goes with Big Biz, and screw the people.

Drifter...

CFL's are nothing more than screw-in fluroescent lamps loke the types
we've had since the 1930's. Remember that fluroescent tube lighting
over your head in grade school and at Woolworths store when you were a
kid? It's exactly the same thing in a CFL except the tube is a curly-
cue shape instead of a long tube. CFL's ane not dangerous same
technology we've had since the late 1930's.

Please don't bother people with facts.

Over here, we use almost nothing BUT CFL's (use of incandescent lamps would
increase our already exhorbitant power bill at least 2x), and nobody
exhibits those symptoms. Anyone ever hear of psychosomatic symptomology?

- In point of fact, the CFL's that we buy (not necessarily
- the ones you might buy at Target) are far closer to
- natural sunlight than are incandescents.

BAD,

That's right just look for the Ones that say "DayLight"
and/or "6500K" or 'Full Spectrum'. -aka- 'cool natural
light' made-by or brand names :GE, Sylvania,
Lights-of-America etc.

My favorites CFLs are the Light-of-America Energy
Saving Twister 7 Year Bulbs "SunLight" 135W [2000
Lumens] Replacements - Use Only 30W of Energy
give more light than a 100W Incandesent Bulb and
use less engergy that's a Win+Win ) ~ RHF
-fwiw- Light-of-America Model # 2830 S-L
http://www.esplighting.com/2830-s.html
http://www.budgetlighting.com/store/...&ppinc=search2