Old January 28th 09, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default WTB: Radio Shack DX-398

BCBlazysusan wrote:

On Jan 27, 4:56 am, dxAce wrote:
BCBlazysusan wrote:
On Jan 26, 10:19 pm, "Frank" wrote:
Same as Sangean ATS-909. Looking to spend under $100.

Let me know what you have!

Frank

Just curious. Why do you want one and why does it have to be under a
hundred?

I tried one out when they were on clearance from RS, think I paid $99 for it.

Found it to be not very sensitive and returned it within the month.

It's a "partable"!

It wasn't very sensitive. I was never so dissapointed in a receiver as
I was that. But I'm telling you Steve- if you can get one cheap and
then send it to Chris Justice over at Radio Labs you will be shocked.
I've seen them on ebay with the mods already done.

I just don't understand why they sold those receivers knowing that
there was all kinds of room for improvements. Great portable with the
mods, close to junk IMO without them.

Sounds like the same thinking went into the design of the ICOM R75 :-)