Old January 29th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Antenna Replacement Experiment

On Jan 29, 12:41*am, "Spin" wrote:
Is it feasable to remove the ferrite antenna from an am radio & replace it
with an external multi-turn box loop with the same primary/secondary
inductance?

I wouldnt say its imposssible but it certainly would be a royal pain
getting the tuning to track right. I have coupled big antennas to
loopstick radios just by wrapping a few turns of wire around the radio
and connecting it to an external antenna. I have also wound a few
turns around the loopstick and brought it out to a jack for this
purpose. At least one commercial SW rx I owned was built this way.

Jimmie