Old July 22nd 03, 03:42 PM
Rev Tom Cox

Default AM/FM Reception on a new RCA/Radio Shack All In One unit DVD/CD,Cable,Aux Inputs etc.

As he subject implies I purchased an all in one unit,with surround sound
etc. The problem is I have yet to get even a static or buzz not to mention a
real radio station on either the am or fm mode. The cheapos sent a small
dipole antenna for the fm,(who wants a dipole antenna on their living room
wall, and an obviously just as cheapo am loop antenna. I have now tried a
$35 indoor antenna for am/fm that is under 12 volt power to boost signal.
Still nothing works. The unit was in the shop for the dvd player and I ask
them to check the function of the am/fm and the repair tag came back as all
ok. I am surrounded by trees, but frankly all the other radios in the
house work from my small portables to the large receiver that was replaced
by the new unit.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what my next step should be? Assuming the
am/fm function works then I am having trouble with the antenna, and an
outside antenna is not out of the question but does not satisfy the am side.
Open to all suggestions and Thanks for listening to a real neophyte in this
area.