Old February 1st 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lynn Lynn is offline

Default Carbon microphone revitalization

I've never heard that, but back when telepehones uses carbon mikes, it was
popular to fix them by removing the cartridge inside, and banging the
cartridge on a table top.

Geoff.

Oh, gosh! I didn't know the cartridge was supposed to be removed before
banging. I thought that the fix was to just whack a carbon microphone
on the nearest indestructible object. The mikes that came with the BC-191
and/or BC-375 often had metal housings and could be used as hammers
in an emergency.

Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ