Old February 2nd 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
PocketRadio PocketRadio is offline

Default enaRadio gives up on webcasting.

On Feb 2, 6:41�pm, RHF wrote:
On Feb 2, 2:19�pm, PocketRadio wrote:

On Feb 2, 10:22 am, "Commander Col. Klink"
wrote:

Radio gives up on webcasting.

Renda Broadcasting's WSHH-FM (99.7) and WJAS-(1320) ceased their
online broadcasting feature on January 1, 2009 "due to escalating
royalty fees for online streaming broadcasts." WMNY-AM(1360) remains
online. You might recall that Renda Broadcasting was among the first
to pull music from the internet a number of years ago when the RIAA
challenged whether there should be further royalties incurred for
broadcasting over the net.
Way to drive using the rear-view mirror, guys.

And make sure to shut down your electricity when that bill gets too
high, too.

http://www.hear2.com/2009/02/streami...for-absolutely....

Like it or not, webcasting is going to be the future...Either paid or
free, nationwide web Internet access will be available with every
dashboard being web enabled....

Already we're seeing an internet radio made by Blapunkt for
automobiles. I have to ask the question, what does Blapunkt know that
radio doesn't?

Maybe somebody should ask them?

- Streaming Pandora, Last.fm, and Slacker
- also killed streaming terrestrial radio.

HA-ha-ha-ha Pay To Listen Ain't FREE !

Internet Time-Outs are a Real Listener Turn-Off ~ RHF

These services are all free.