Old February 3rd 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Wanted: RF ammeter

"SX-25" wrote in message
m...
Looking to buy a good RF ammeter...but only a good one. I've already got a
clunker I bought off of eBay and
don't need a second. Prefer something from 0 - 2 amperes or so. Crummy
lookin' is ok so long as it works.

What's wrong with the clunker you have? It may be repairable.

I will say that it's not too hard to make your own thermocouple ammeters
for HF, and it can be a lot of fun. I haven't tried to repair an existing
one, but it's really just two junctions and a meter.
--scott