Old February 3rd 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
Radioguy Radioguy is offline

Default FS: National Panasonic RF-5000 SW/AM/FM/LW Radio w/manuals

On Feb 3, 3:56*pm, wrote:
On Feb 3, 12:45*pm, Radioguy wrote:

On Feb 3, 12:27*pm, wrote:

On Jan 30, 6:16*am, Radioguy wrote:

In good condition one can be a nice sounding radio. *Your price is
well above what they sell for on Ebay though.

I just used past auctions and sales to base the price. *IAnd
especially since this one has all of the original documents with it.
I am open to offers. *It is a very beefy radio ( 25 lbs.) and was
definetly a TOTL radio for them at the time. *It reminds me of a
earlier version of the RF-9000.

I owned one for about 5 years in the late 1990's. *Fine sounding radio
for listening to all manner of broadcasts. *I remember a BBC concert
with pleasure.

The only reason I was questioning the price were things like missing
antenna tip and more imnportantly problems with the tuning switches.
The switching train is complex and a bear to get working right.

It's a 40 year old radio. *The fact that it is as nice as the radio is
makes it collectible, not to mention the fact that it has all of the
docs. *

A collector of collectibles will want it to be in exceptional
condition at that price.

How many Chinese-made consumer electronic products of today
will be working as good 40 years down the road?

That's what was said about Japanese products 50 years ago...