Old February 4th 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry[_5_] Jerry[_5_] is offline

Default HLP Antennas

"Little_skip" wrote in message

Hi everyone,

I would like some help with the HLP (Hybrid Log-Periodic) Antennas if
possible. I know nothing about antennas, yet I have a paper to write
about HLP Antennas (characteristics, calibration and so on) and I
didn't find anything about them. I found only datasheets for some of
the HLP antennas (mostly from TDK). Would it be a start to search about
log-periodic antennas and adapt the information? What would be the
difference between them?

Maybe it would sound like a stupid question to all of you, but I really
don't know where to start. Can someone give me a bit of help?

Thank you.

--
Little_skip

Hi Little

You are really in luck. You say you have to write about an antenna but
dont know anything about antennas. That implies that you now get to learn
about antennas unless you are content with writing about things you "dont
hnow anything about".
Get the guy who is having you write to buy you a copy of EZNEC. You can
model whatever antenna you want to get data on.

Jerry KD6JDJ