Old February 5th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default "Arnie Coro Antenna"

On Feb 4, 4:15*pm, KE5LDO wrote:
I built this years ago as a quick antenna for receiving and
transmitting. It is name after Havana Cuba's Arnie Coro, since He came
up with it over 20 years ago.

1. Take a 45 ft/15 meter 52 ohm Coax, or multiples up or down.
2. *Dress it as center conductor and braid on both ends.
3. Solder a 50 OHM resisitor on one end, connecting the center and the
braid.
4. *On the other end, solder a piece of coax. with braid to center
conductor, center conductor to braid. On the other end, solder a
PL-259, or whatever your rig accepts.. Then connect it to your
receiver/transmitter.
5. You now have a balanced, low noise antenna. *I would suggest a 10
watt or hgher resistor for the amount of power you are going to use if
transmitting.

--
KE5LDO

It's not April 1, 2009 yet... :/