Old February 5th 09, 09:40 AM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media
snakehawk snakehawk is offline

Default Economic Stimulus Package

On Feb 4, 5:25*pm, wrote:
SNIP McCain's generalizations

Furthermore, the stimulus must
include significant direct relief to American workers in the form of
payroll tax cuts and programs to help homeowners keep their homes.
Finally, we need an end game to this stimulus so that when our economy
recovers, these spending programs do not remain permanent and saddle
our children with a skyrocketing national debt.

So the Repigs demand "payroll tax cuts." That's a pretty clever
scam. It means that workers will pay less into Social Security; not
only the workers, but also the employers who are normally required to
pay into the fund along with each employee. The Repig plan is a
reduction in the total amount both the workers and the employers pay
into Social Security.

But the employers get no benefits from the funds, only the workers.
In other words, the Repigs want the stimulus will be financed out of
the Social Security funds being put aside for the workers.

Considering the already shaky condition of the Social Security fund,
the Repig plan is outrageous. Predictions are that the Social
Security fund will be depleted in just a few years at the present rate
of contributions. Yet people like McCain want to reduce the
contributions even further. The Repigs claim they don't want to
saddle our children with debt. But apparently, they don't mind
spending the money needed in the future for the retirement of the
workers and their children.