Old February 6th 09, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default 2SC2509 ?

In article ,
Theo wrote:

Thanks Scott,
I have contacted RF Parts who inform me the transistor is now obsolete and
so is the equivalent.
Does anyone know what the equivalent is to the 2SC2509 so I can search for
that too?

It looks as if ECG236 is one possible substitute, and 2SC1945 is
another. You might also check out 2SC1969 and MRF-485... depending on
your application they might work. Kenwood apparently recommends the
2SC3133 as a substitute in the TS-450.

The lead configurations for these substitutes may be different and
require lead-swapping, and other parts changes may be required when
using substitute transistors.

Beware of possible fake/forged/counterfeit parts.

I believe I've seen some mod workups for CB rigs, which substitute an
entirely different sort of part (e.g. the IRF510) as an RF driver or
final. Using the IRF510 or similar MOSFETs as RF finals requires
substantial circuit modification, and from what I've heard the
efficiency is likely to be poor if you're driving them from a 12-volt
supply.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO