Old February 7th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Scott[_4_] Scott[_4_] is offline

Default 2SC2509 ?

Theo wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
.. .

Theo wrote:

Anyone out there know where I can buy a couple of 2SC2509 transistors?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Theo

It says "Call" for price and they have a $25 minimum order, but at least
they might have them...

http://www.rfparts.com/transistors_2SC.html#2458

Thanks Scott,
I have contacted RF Parts who inform me the transistor is now obsolete and
so is the equivalent.
Does anyone know what the equivalent is to the 2SC2509 so I can search for
that too?

Crap. Sorry about that Is everything obsolete these days such that
nobody can build anything anymore? I was going to make another 222
transverter from W1GHZ, but the stupid helical filters aren't available
anymore (I think Digikey still has some but they want $48 each for a 222
three pole filter. That's nuts! So, I have a blank board and I'm
going to try to make a simple filter and see if I can make it
work...I've been "build crazy" for the past couple years and it's
getting harder and harder! You have to pretty much build something very
soon after it appears in a magazine or some part will go obsolete and
you're stuck...

Scott
N0EDV