Old February 8th 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.electronics.equipment
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Eaton 94455-1 biconical EMC antenna. Antenna factor ?

Wimpie wrote:

Hello Robert,

AF (K) for Eaton 94455-1 as a receive antenna:

30, 13.7
40, 13.5
50, 12.4
70, 7.7
100, 10.2
140, 16.0
160, 17.5
200, 12.5
Frequency in MHz, K in dB/m.

I don't have the manual, values are from a report, original source
unknown. It would be nice when somebody could confirm these values.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
when you remove abc, the address is OK.

It's been a long time since I've done field strength measurements, but I
recall that each antenna came with a calibration chart for that
particular antenna -- that's really what you're paying for when you buy
one. I wouldn't expect a great deal of difference from one to another,
but don't have the experience to say how much variation you might expect.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL