Old February 9th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.electronics.equipment
Robert Lacoste[_2_] Robert Lacoste[_2_] is offline

Default Eaton 94455-1 biconical EMC antenna. Antenna factor ?

"Wimpie" a écrit dans le message de news:
On 6 feb, 18:44, "Robert Lacoste" see-alciom-dot-com wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for the antenna factors table for a Eaton 94455-1 biconical
antenna (20MHz to 200MHz). Does someone have a calibration table for a
similar antenna around, or a manual for this antenna model ?

More exactly I have found some K factors for it but they seems wrong,
except
if I'm wrong with the units somewhere. I have a table with figures
ranging
from "47" (65MHz) up to "59" (200MHz). Assuming these figures are in dB/m
this would give a gain of -44dBi at 160MHz (K = 20 log(F in MHz) - G -
29.8
isn't it ?). The result is not reasonnable... and not at all compatible
with
the measurements.

Are my K factor figures wrong, or is my calculation wrong somewhere ?

Thanks for your help !
Yours,
Robert

Hello Robert,

AF (K) for Eaton 94455-1 as a receive antenna:

30, 13.7
40, 13.5
50, 12.4
70, 7.7
100, 10.2
140, 16.0
160, 17.5
200, 12.5
Frequency in MHz, K in dB/m.

I don't have the manual, values are from a report, original source
unknown. It would be nice when somebody could confirm these values.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl

Many thanks Tim, that's exactly what I was looking for !
Robert