Old February 10th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
christofire christofire is offline

Default Velocity Factor of Coax

"Jerry" wrote in message

"Harry H" wrote in message

The Lindenblad has an overhead null that you might find anoying for
some high elevation passes of LEOs.
Are you open to trying to build a DCA (which is an antenna that I
developed)? I make the claim that there is no other hemispheric
coverage antenna design that performs better than a DCA. But, I sure
am open to being corrected.
The Feb 2008 QST contains an article on the DCA antenna design concept.
It is my claim that a DCA is extreemely forgiving of construction
errors and uses 4 wire dipoles and 50 ohm coax with 5 RFI type ferrites
as "baluns'.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Given the fact I don't subscribe to QST, domicile Australia, would you
have a copy of the article?

HH

Hi HH

It would be my pleasure to disclose any/all the information I have
relating to the DCA antenna design concept. It is simple. It is two
pairs of crossed dipoles. Each pair is spaced 1/4 wave apart and fed in
phase. One pair is physically mounted 90 degrees from the other pair.
All four dipoles are tilted 30 degtrees from vertical. One pair is fed
90 degrees later than the other pair.
The concept is so simple and straightfoeward that it is probable that the
concept has been developed before I thought of it. But, I have been
unable to find anything published related to this simple "Double Cross
Antenna"
I told my *Internet buddy*, Patrik Tast, in Finland about the concept and
he found it to be exactly what he needed for reception of NOAA weather
satellite signals. Patrik publishes alot of what I send him related to
the antenna. Patrik shows a section of his web page to describe the DCA
to anyone interested. You can find the QST article in the section Patrik
identifies as ANTENNAS on the first page of his site
http://www.poes-weather.com/index.php.

If you have any questions about the DCA concept you are free to E-mail
me, anytime. Or, if you have any facts or data to show where I am wrong
about how well this antenna performs, or know of something that performs
better, please set me straight.

Jerry KD6JDJ

.... but surely this is the same as a Lindenblad array? The tilt of the
dipoles was always a parameter in the Lindenblad, so I wonder how your DCA
differs from what N. E. Lindenblad described in the April 1941 edition of
'Communications'.

Chris