Old February 10th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default AES still has Grundig E1XM

On Feb 9, 8:39*pm, SC Dxing wrote:

It is no longer in production. Even Eton has said that at the Las
Vegas show where they revealed the G8 and G3 this year according to
people who were there who wanted to know the status of the E1.

You can still buy it new, it's still covered under a new radio
warranty, but you can also buy a Sangean 818 or 909 new and they've
been out of production for many years now.

Too pricey for me but the E1 looks like a good radio, but like others
have said, some units were defective.

Don't contradict RHF! He'll bury you in meaningless URLs.

If you can find the E1 for under $300 on eBay and the seller indicates
that they will allow returns if you are dissatisfied, I think it's a
risk worth taking. I've had one I've used every day for the past 18
months that is one awesome radio. But, I did have to return the first
two I bought on eBay. I know others disagree, but I've generally been
happy with my eBay radio purchases.

Caveat Emptor,

Mike