Old February 11th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Analog Shortwave Radio Question

SC Dxing wrote:
On Feb 10, 12:25 am, dave wrote:
Spin wrote:
Are there any portable analog sw receivers with ssb capability?

Yes

The obvious follow up questions...

1) Any currently sold new?? 2) Which models have analog and ssb?

Im my haste to be a smart-ass I may have misinterpreted the question. I
consider "analog" to mean no DSP or lossy CoDecs involved.

Degen DE1103 has a slide rule dial and SSB. But the slider is digital.

Here's one from 1966 that can use an external battery pack. Very good
looking radio.

http://www.collinsmuseum.com/davco.html