Old November 18th 03, 07:32 PM
Steve Nosko

No. The two "split" terminals are in phase. You need a balun. Get one of
the 75 to 300 ohm transformers & build a folded dipole.
Steve
9

"mfc" wrote in message
om...
Hi.

I am working on building a TV antenna to receive channel 5, and I was
wondering if plugging two 3 foot wires into a 2-way splitter would
essentially be the same thing as rabbit ears in terms of
functionality.

The splitter I am considering is on the right at:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.a...1%5F006&Page=1

Also, just out of curiosity, would it be any better if I used a 4 way
splitter? I could have four 3 foot wires coming out of it to possibly
improve the reception?

Thanks for all the help.