Old September 13th 03, 08:49 PM
Robert F Wieland

"Chris" wrote in message
This is my first visit to this newsgroup...I am a new MI3.

I would like to put together a very simple QRP CW transceiver. The
schematic
I am using includes a 3.560MHz crystal oscillator.

Maplin's, Farnell etc. sell 3.579545MHz or 3.686400MHZ crystal oscillators
respectively and I am wodering will these do the job or should I be
looking for a 3.560MHz crstal? The circuit does have a 65pF trimmer
capacitor for tuning but I want to sure about the crystal before I
order.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Chris,

I have a couple of HC-6 package 3.559858 crystals with wire leads instead
of pins. That's 141 Hz below your frequency of interest. I believe these
are parallel-mode, calibrated at 32 pF capacitance. These came from Fair
Radio Sales of Nebraska. Send me your postal address & I'll mail you one.
--

R F Wieland Newark, DE 19711-5323 USA 39.68N 75.74W
Icom R75 Heathkit GR-81 Inverted-L in the attic