Old February 13th 09, 05:19 PM posted to alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.republicans,alt.news-media
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default Liberal Fascists Targeting Religious Broadcasters

On Feb 13, 9:48�am, BCBlazysusan wrote:

I think I will agree with the scriptures over a no doubt intellectual
scholarly fella such as yourself. ;-)

Good try though.

Thre problem with "the scriptures" is that humans can only understand
them through the process of perception and interpretation. Two people
reading the same scriptures often interpret the words to mean very
different things. Some interpretations are so bizarre that some silly
people believe they can be used to predict the probable outcomes of
21st century foreign policies. In other word, they start the process
of interpretation with certain personal beliefs that they will always
end up at when they finish interpretation the scriptures.

Also, the scriptures have been altered over the millenia. Books have
been added and removed - not by God, but by bureaucratic committees in
the Vatican. Translations from one language to another also inserts
more "diftage" into the holiness of the scriptures.

I've never heard a very good answer to the problems involved in
scriptural interpretation.

I know a lot of what I hear on religious radio probably would make God
sick.