Old February 17th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SX-25 SX-25 is offline

Default Which is faster, text or Morse Code?

No, you've got no idea what you are talking about. I am seriously into
CW...have been for 40 years and computer generated junk only plagues the
bands about 1 % of the time, probably more when the contest idiots are on
there exchanging their meaningless signal reports and drivel.

"SC Dxing" wrote in message
Disagree. I made a living at one time listening to morse code (with
the Dept of Defense) at one time and nearly all of this is computer
generated morse. You can tell the difference between hand keyed and
electronic morse. Electronic morse sounds "too perfect". Nearly all
the stuff I hear from here is computer generated, with a few
exceptions.

In fact, going by regions of the world, hand keyers even would use an
accent, much like spoken language. I used to copy both Iraqi and
Iranian morse during their war and within 2 sets of 5 characters, you
would tell who was who just by the hand keying accent of the morse
without even knowing the target.