Old February 17th 09, 08:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Midnight DTV.

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:

The mandatory switchover has been delayed. A large number of stations are
making the switch anyway.

Something to do with the financial aspect of rescheduling XMTR
installation crews, plus the extra cost of simulcasting has some
(perhaps a majority) going ahead with the FEB 17 date.
I have all the DTV channels in the scan plus the one analog UCSDTV
so I don't know what's the emphasis on a re-scan after the switch, as a
few stations are recommending, maybe more DTV sub channels will be
added?

The rescan is because a lot of channels are switching channels during the
switchover.

For instance, in Portland, OR:

KGW (8) is moving their digital channel from the current 46 back to their
original channel 8 position.
KOPB (10) is moving their digital channel from the current 27 back to their
original channel 10 postion.
KPTV (12) is moving their digital channel from the current 30 back to their
original channel 12 postion.
KPDX (49 is moving their digital channel from the current 48 to their new
channel 30 postion.

Many localities are doing much the same with channels that have been
previously on VHF assignments, but whose digital channels have actually been
on UHF frequencies.