Old February 18th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
beerbelly beerbelly is offline

Default Digital TV Antenna Design

On Feb 15, 6:59*pm, Bill Bowden wrote:
Anybody have a good antenna design for the new UHF digital TV
stations?

I get reasonable results from my old VHF/UHF antenna (55% signal
strength) , but it's big and ugly, and I want to replace it with a
smaller, more efficient UHF design (maybe a Yagi) I can construct at
home.

Anybody know the dimensions of such an antenna, probabaly in the
frequency range of 400-800 Mhz ?

-Bill

All my antennas for DTV and analogue are Quads and Quagi antennas. A
two element Quad for channel 2 and 5 VHF(its wideband enough for
this), a three element for channel 11 VHF and a 9 element Quargi for
channel 63 UHF. Thats all the TV
stations we have here on the island. Easy and cheap to make and they
perform like hormones IMHO. My non technical wife says they and the
array looks like a Christmas tree, therefore not ugly but cute -)
Need more info... Tons on the Inet or let me know.
Chris