Old February 18th 09, 07:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default What's on shortwave?? Dx log 0200-0300 UTC 2/15/2009

On Feb 16, 6:47*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
Usually I say, English only unless noted otherwise. I forgot to add
that disclaimer this time. So you caught me. Seems to be a sport here
on usenet to "catch someone"

With all the foreign languages, it would be impossible to identify
every broadcast signal I receive. I can't tell Portuguese from Spanish
or Korean from Chinese from Japanese. I could use a cheat sheet to
"identify" but if I can't understand what they saying, how do I really
know it's them???

I'll try harder to add the disclaimer of English only unless noted
otherwise.

Usually if you Listen to the Words for certain
"Key Words" that 'distinguish' one Language
from the other; you can tell Portuguese from
Spanish and Korean from Chinese from Japanese.

plus if all these different foreign language
broadcasters are transmitting some part
in English or IDing in English it does
help-out ;;-} ~ RHF