Old February 18th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
JIMMIE[_2_] JIMMIE[_2_] is offline

Default AC/DC radio filter cap source?

On Feb 18, 1:59*pm, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:
What's a good place to get some good ones, *reasonable? *I've got
several AA5 radios with hum and need to fix them. *All my new old stock
capacitors are dry.
thanks
Hank wd5jfr

Finding the multi- section caps may be impossible. A local parts
dealer had some long skinny caps I bundled 3 of them together with
heat shrink for a replacement.
They were at Slayton's in Charlotte NC. Parts like that come and go
there and they often dont know what they have unless its regular
stock. Its a great place to browse on Saturday mornings.

Jimmie