Old February 20th 09, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
raypsi raypsi is offline

Default Looking for voltmeter kit

On Feb 12, 7:19*pm, Jean wrote:
Hello all of you
I am in the process of completing the "power supply of my dream".
One of the problem i meet is the meetering.
I would like to use a digital voltmeter (those with red led). I
alwready use the LCD volmeter but i dont like them. They are way too
much sensitive to static,

Hey OM
I don't think it's all about static per say. But the high input
impedance you have to worry about I seen those things going up to 200
meg input, just looking at it would change the potential across a 200
meg input.
There's other cons about LCD like if it gets cold forget it, those
liquid crystals just don't want to do their thing, when exposed to the
energizing electric field at low temps. Sure you can get back lite
LCD's but what happens when the back lite burns out?
I like LED displays but even then you are going to want to swamp down
the meter input with like 1000 ohms.

73 OM
de n8zu