Old February 20th 09, 05:33 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Designing an antenna for the 5000m band

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:12:06 GMT, (Mark Zenier)
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:57:00 GMT,
(Mark Zenier)
wrote:

In article ,
Frnak McKenney wrote:

Big Snip.

Go find Radio-Electronics magazine for 1983, and read the five(?)
articles by Ralph Burhans about receiving VLF.

Mark Zenier

Is that set of articles available on the web? That'd be an
interesting read.

Some of them. I remember on of them coming up in a discussion
in one of the radio newsgroups, and someone posted a URL.

They are practical hobby stuff mostly. A VLF converter, how to match
longwire antenna, an active whip antenna, a balanced loopstick. The most
useful non-hobby one was how to derive time/frequency references from
Loran-C.

I'm reluctant to go to the effort because this was back in the era when
R-E was paranoid about photocopying, with colored backgrounds for the
figures and charts, and it would take a day or two to photoshop the
scans so that they are of decent quality. Also, they were, near the end,
one of the more Internet savvy publishers and there may still be somebody
around to enforce their IP.

Mark Zenier

Send them to me. I can work magic with a scanner ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| E-mail Icon at
http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food