Old February 24th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SW4ever SW4ever is offline

Default Satelitt 750 down to $245 at amazon

On Feb 23, 3:31*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
You'll have to add it to your cart to see the price.

At 250 smackers, the Satellit 750 is an absolute steal. What a great
SW receiver ! With a good outdoor antenna results are fantastic.
Stations that are barely readable on portables using whip antennas
just pound in on the 750 at my location here in Southern Ontario,
using a ground mounted Hustler 5BTV vertical antenna.As many are
aware, a lot of portables can't handle a good outdoor antenna. Haven't
scratched the surface on AM and FM yet - waiting for good weather to
string an outside AM antenna and a pole mounted FM antenna. Have heard
some criticism of this radio, but it is solidly built and a real fun
machine. Hope I'm not boring listeners with my praise of the 750, but
I haven't enjoyed SW as much in years, even with Cycle 24 not yet
really underway.
Good Listening to All from SW4ever...