Old September 17th 03, 10:52 PM
Lou

"W7TI" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:17:04 -0700, Dr. Anton Squeegee
wrote:

You are also
restricted from passing commercial messages ("Buy product X at store
Y," etc.) by Part 97 regs.

This needs a little clarification. If you are talking about
advertising, you are right; not allowed. If you are telling the wife to
stop for pizza at the next Domino's, that is allowed. The test is
whether the "commercial" content is used for your own money-making
purposes. If you're *spending* your own money, the FCC won't care.

--
Bill, W7TI

To go another step or another way, it also allows YOU the operator to call
in "yourself" for food, restaurant, motel, tow truck. So long as YOU the
operator are not making the "monetary" profit from the transmissions. The
above example was correct, but it implied somewhat 3rd party calls to a
profit making venture As for the example you telling some one else to buy
product x at store y, so long as you have no viable pecuniary interest in
Store "y", you can refer anyone to that store. That would be no different
than say directing a stranger in town via 2 meters where to buy the goods
they need to enjoy their stay. The way it USED to be, you couldn't even call
for a tow truck! Advertising? I can't advertise my own radio repair shop,
but someone else could mention me, to anyone asking or in general
discussion.

Lou