Old February 25th 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Bolivianos

David Frackelton Gleason, the clown 'tard who poses as 'Eduardo', wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

Actually, if you are talking about "Bolivian Radio Stations" they are
"bolivianas" and not "bolivianos" since radio stations are feminine.

Even the sports station?

The words for "radio station" such as emisora, difusora, radiodifusora,
radio, estación, estación de radio, are all feminine. The programming
does
not affect the gender of the noun.

Ah, so you're back on your Radio Difusora kick, eh?

It's not my fault that you don't understand any foreign language. "Radio
Difusora" means "Radio Station." It requires a name to be complete... often
the place name of the station's city, state or region in Portuguese.

My original reference to "Radio Difusora" (the one that got you started on your
pedantic kick) also included a frequency, and the aficionado (a little Spanish lingo
for those in Glendale) would have known exactly what I had meant!

Think of it as shorthand, dufus!

You may now totter off.

dxAce
Michigan