Old February 25th 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] jimwilhelm@labs.net is offline

Default For all you people who think consumers want (or need) HD radio.

Struble, Eduardo – Listen up.

I went to a Radio Shack store yesterday to pick up something. In
passing, I asked the clerk if he has HD radios. He paused for a
moment and then said, “No, we don’t sell them.” I thought maybe he
didn’t actually know what I meant so I decided to drop it. But, after
the pause he quickly retorted “HDTV – good idea, HD radio – bad idea –
don’t see the need for it.” Me either I said.

If HD radio survives it’s only because it’s been force-fed on
consumers. You can spin it all you want but it’s pretty clear now that
most just don’t care and the ones who do don’t want it.