Old September 18th 03, 04:39 PM
W3JDR

Harold,

The chip's phase measurement transer function has a positive slope for phase
angles less than 0deg and a negative slope for phase angles greater than
0deg. So it seems to me that resolving the 180 deg ambiguity is just a
matter of knowing which slope you're on. This might be done by switching in
a small known reactive component and observing which direction the phase
output changes. Once you know which slope you're on, I think you're home
free...no??

Joe
W3JDR
"Harold E. Johnson" wrote in message
The chip you're looking at does have a 180 degree ambiguity unresolved.
Makes it tough to do the job you're asking of it. Wait a couple weeks and
look on Google for N2PK. You'll find a real vector network analyzer good
from 50 KHz to 60 MHz with narrow band application to 2 meters and 432

MHz.

W4ZCB