Old September 19th 03, 12:12 AM
Dan Richardson

On 18 Sep 2003 08:21:43 -0700, (Howard) wrote:

Hello to all,

I have looked with interest at the new Ten-Tec Vee Beam Terminated
antenna. Is there a guru on the list who has the knowlege to share on
how to duplicate this antenna?

It is a vee beam with each leg terminated to ground with a resistor,
and there is a balun of sorts at the input.

I remember an antenna similar to this years ago, and I think ten-tec
will have a winner with this if folks can get away from the supposed
"horror" of a terminated antenna.

Details at
www.tentec.com

I wish I could afford it at this time!!

Regards, Howard

Running a model with an apex angle of 90º as per the illustration on
page one of their Installation and Operation manual. NEC reports the
following maximum forward gain:

Using 50 foot arms

Freq. MHz Gain dBi Elevation Angle

3.5 -13.8 80º