Old March 4th 09, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith[_2_] Doug Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Misdirected QSL: WWYD?

So, someone with a callsign similar to mine* has been operating from
various Caribbean QTHs on and off for quite a few years.

As you might guess, I occasionally get QSL cards for Caribbean
operations. Wish I'd spent February on Bonaire, but I was freezing up
here in Tennessee...

I guess I see several possible ways to dispose of these cards, some more
ethical than others:

- Forward them to Jim.

- Return them to the sender with a note "Sorry, I've never operated from
Bonaire".

- Return them to the sender with a note "Sorry, I've never operated from
Bonaire - I think you worked someone else with a similar callsign." - but
not tell them what that similar callsign is.

- Return them to the sender with a note "Sorry, I've never operated from
Bonaire - " and tell them who I think they worked.

- Throw them out.

- QSL the "contact" with one of my cards with "PJ2/" written on it. (uh,
yeah...)

I've been doing #1, but on further thought that really doesn't make much
sense either. What do you think?

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66